Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga is hiring! We are looking for someone to fill our AmeriCorps National Direct position.
The National Direct Member will contribute to the overall goal of increasing home production at HFHGC by assisting in the development of crew leaders. In turn, the trained crew leaders will replace the member as the volunteer trainer after his/her term of service creating a sustainable method to utilize more volunteers on the construction site.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties -
- to assist the construction manager on the construction site in daily activities related to creating a productive and efficient volunteer experience
- engage volunteers in the tasks to be performed
- assist in the recruitment and retention of construction crew leaders
- participate in any meetings considered relevant to the work of the member along with trainings or other courses deemed necessary
To be successful in executing the responsibilities assigned in this job, a person must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. This person must be self-motivated and able to make quality, ethical decisions independent of supervision when necessary.
- Basic construction knowledge and skills are preferred
- Must be comfortable and able to work at or above 8 feet and on ladders
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must meet qualifications for AmeriCorps National Direct Program including traveling to national events
- Must be able to work Tuesday – Saturday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED is minimum education requirement.
For more information on the position please visit http://www.habitat.org/cd/hr/cncsJobsDetail.aspx?pid=40956.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Dawn Hjelseth by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (423) 756-0509 no later than FRIDAY JUNE 24!!!
If you would like to help volunteer building a house please contact Dawn Hjelseth at email@example.com. Also visit our website http://www.habichatt.org to find more information about Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga Area. our projects, and how to donate.